Monday 16 August 2010

Clutching at...

I've got some bloody good mates, me. The Z is currently residing at Area 52 because A) I don't have enough money to put any more fuel in it and B) the clutch is hanging out of it as I went all Northern and opted to get every possible mile out of the poor bugger. As such, it no longer moves under its own steam. Well, it creates steam/smoke/peculiar odors, all without the faintest hint of any movement. Clutch rivets hitting the flywheel are probably not a great thing either.

The plan was simple, I'd pay for it to live at 52 and as soon as I had a free weekend I'd head on down and change the clutch (there is a new one loitering in the boot). It didn't go like that though, instead I got a call on Saturday from Bruce..

Bruce: "Hi Chris, I'm trying to tidy Area 52, but it's the kind of thing I need to do on my own as I know where everything goes. Steve's here though, and he's bored. He wants to change your clutch."

Me: "I can't ask him to do that, that's a bit much!"

Quiet shout from Steve in the background: "It's alright, I want to!"

Me: "Blimey, thanks mate!"

So there we have it, the clutch is in the process of being changed just because my mates were bored. Like I said, I've got some bloody good mates, me! I must buy Steve something shiny for his Viva, and I must make a donation to Area 52 as a thanks for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment