Friday 2 July 2010

And so it begins...

...a blog all about this:

Photobucket

If you're here it's probably because you read the brilliant publication that is, Retro Ford Magazine. First of all, thanks! Second of all, welcome!

The purpose behind this is to give you a more regular and detailed insight into the world of owning this old bus. Hopefully Morley will do the same with his cars too, or at least some of them. He probably won't though as he'll be distracted by boobs or beer or something.

Anyway, on with the blog.

The car in question is a 1961 Zodiac. I owned it some years ago, but due to having a kid I had to sell the old girl and put money towards Pampers and baby-wipes and so on. Not a sacrifice I minded making though, although I would have obviously preferred to keep the car.

In the end I swapped it for this...

Photobucket

...which looks rough, but was actually a lot closer to an MOT than the Zodiac. I drove it for a while and all was well, yada yada yada.

Roll on to 2010 and I get phone call. It's Carey, the guy I swapped with. He asked me if I wanted to buy the Zodiac back. I said yes. I then jumped about like a school-girl for a while and shrieked a bit too. I'm manly like that.

That's about where we're up to at the moment. This weekend (2nd July) I'm hoping to get it sorted and ready for an MOT, then with any luck I can drive it back home...hopefully.

This may be a success, it may be a failure. Either way, it should be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment