Friday 2 July 2010

The Rescue...

So, the first thing to do was collect the bugger. It wasn't running when I bought it as there was an issue with the electronic ignition. I don't why I'm saying 'was' as it is still very much 'not running' anyway, I digress. More about that in another update.

To make a long story short I needed to get it from the ex-owners house to Bruce's gaff as he had very kindly agreed to let me keep it there for a week or two. For those of you who don't know Bruce, let me tell you this: he's good people. This project may not have come to fruition were it not for his generosity, so for that I thank him!

Within the realms of Bruce's generosity was a willingness to not only store the old rust-bucket, but to also collect it for me. Rich, another 'good people' kinda guy also helped too by risking his life, dignity, manliness and general well being by offering to steer the old girl while she dangled at the end of a tow rope. Thanks Rich, I owe you.

The best bit about this towing though, was the vehicle used. Bruce isn't 'normal' when it comes to cars, not by a long shot. Hence the Zodiac being rescued by a post-apocalyptic Mitsubishi Delica, complete with mesh windows and flashing beacon. Brilliant.

If you're the owner of a sheddy old car and you need help to relocate it to a safe place for short period of time, and if you can find them within the seedy underworld of retro-car modification and welding, maybe you can hire, the Area 52 team.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment